Monday, November 26, 2012

Where Am I?

The past few days I've been having an identity crisis.

No I haven't, but it feels like it. Going home was weird, being home was weird, and surprise, coming back was also in fact WEIRD. I guess I adjust faster than I think because when it was time for me to be picked up and taken home a whopping 10 minutes away, I wasn't really feeling it. I was used to living at school and being surrounded by all the people in my hall and floor. When I reached home I was confused and it felt new. Of course, when my friends came home I got back into the swing of everything and started hanging out with them like usual. I felt as if I were taken back in time to the summer before. Then all of a sudden it was time to go back to school and I found myself wanting more time to be with my friends. When I returned to school it was strange once again. I had grown used to the atmosphere of being home, inside a house, with either my family or my friends families!

Now, back at school for one day only I feel as if I have been here for a while already! Knowing that I will venture back home in only 2 weeks blows my mind. I am shocked at how much I am changing environments, since I have been in the same one for the past 16 years.


1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting blog post for me because changing environments really bothered me at first. It seemed as though right when I was getting used to college and living on my own that fall break came. Then I was right back to feeling comfortable living under the same roof as my parents. It was kind of difficult to return to college and be back on my own again. However, as time has gone on and I began to feel more connected and established at college, I do not have as much trouble switching between environments. It is still weird though, to return to home only for a few days. I'm not sure when I will get over that.

    ReplyDelete