Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dazed and Confused Left Me....Confused

I don't usually like to watch movies over and over again unless I feel or am told that there is something I am missing, but I happened to saunter into a room playing Dazed and Confused, so I figured why the hell not. This was the second time I had seen this film, and I can easily say that I enjoyed it immensely more than the first time.


The first time I watched this movie I was bored and uninterested. Essentially, when it was over I thought nothing of it and went on with my life. I didn't understand why it was so well known and why people had recommended it to me because it lacked a storyline, and the acting didn't stand out to me in any way at all. After I accidentally came across it a second time, I changed my mind completely. When I had a chance to see it again, I noticed the whole atmosphere of the film and how the 70s high school life was portrayed. This interested me quite a bit and boom Dazed and Confused was suddenly interesting. Of course this interest didn't just come out of nowhere. This time, I was in a basement with some of my friends who were laughing and actively watching the movie at the same time. It was a much more social experience and it helped me relate to what was going on in the movie more because it is a very social movie. In fact, the movie basically revolves around social interaction.

It is very interesting, the whole process of things growing on you. To me, it seems as if the surroundings and mindset are what makes this happen. These two things have more influence on people than one may realize mainly because they are everywhere and constantly changing. As mentioned in the prompt, my taste in music is constantly changing. I will not think anything of a particular song and then add some type of connotation or memory to it and all of a sudden, I cannot stop listening.

Pay attention to your surroundings, they manipulate you a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment